PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE
TAKE THE FIRST PLUNGE INTO THE WORLD OF SCUBA DIVING
If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts.
Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI® Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course.
Polhena Diving Center is the only PADI certified dive resort in Matara.Get your PADI Open Water Certification with us.
We have Sri Lankan And Danish scuba instructors who will help you to achieve your first scuba certification.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older.
You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
SEND US AN EMAIL!! OR USE OUR LIVE CHAT!!
The PADI Open Water Scuba Diver course is a 4 day course. But we have an ELearning system where you can finish the theory at home and reducing the course duration to only 3 days.
The first day we will cover the theory part and quizzes, the Second day we will teach you scuba skills in our confined water sessions. Third and Fourth days will be reserved for open water dives. (2 dives each day )
At the end of the training, you can take your final exam! Given you have shown satisfactory results, You will be instantly certified as an open water scuba diver.
SO WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
- After getting your certification, you will be eligible to dive upto 18meters of depth without direct supervision of a dive professional.
- Access to PADI forums and other scuba related groups.
- Certified divers pay less for scuba diving than uncertified divers do. More than 50% less!
- In some countries, you will need your scuba certification to purchase/rent scuba gear or fill your scuba tanks from retailers.
- Access to advanced and speciality courses.
Do you provide accommodation?
Unfortunately not. But there are many hotels, vacation rentals and hostals nearby with very affordable rates.
How do I sign up for Elearning?
Start E-learning Today and do your course in just 3 days instead of 4 days.
- Purchase the PADi E-Learning Bundle by clicking the Above link.
- This bundle contains all the learning materials + PADI certification fee.
- When You complete your E-learning, The dive center provides 80USD credit towards the course. In this case, you only have to pay 295 USD to complete the rest of the course.
What do I need to bring?
YOUR HAPPY FACE!
We provide everything you need for your course. Equipment + Boat rental is included in the course price.
There are washroom facilities available.
Upon completion, you will receive a temporary certification card and a Dive log book.
Your Shiny certification card will arrive to your address in 3 weeks! Until then you can use your temporary certification to dive anywhere!
How much time do I have to reserve for the course every day?
Let’s take a standard 4 day schedule.
- 1st Day: Theory will start at 9in the morning and will go upto 3 in the afternoon. Of course with breaks.
- 2nd Day: Confined lessons will start at 7 in the morning and end by 12.30 in the afternoon.
- 3rd: Open water dive day. 8 in the morning to 1 in the afternoon.
- 4th: Open water dive day and final exam. 8 in the morning to 2 in the afternoon.
With Elearning, you can skip the 1st day and save alot of time.